Thursday, August 18, 2005

Back to good

Tonight, on my way home from work, I noticed how the setting sun cut a blood-red swath through the deepening twilight sky. To the east, the full moon hung like a luminescent orb that was just out of reach in the purpled night. Sunsets are my favorite. Each one is different. Those who have had the privilege of being in the mountain west know how the mountains look like they're on fire with the setting sun at times.

School is starting next Monday, and while I won't miss tests and certain homework or Crabby professors, I do miss that excitement, that air of expectation and renewal that accompanies the returning school year. I will miss seeing friends on a regular basis, if only just in passing, as well as the ability to go and do lunch at the drop of a hat. I will miss the broadening of horizons, new discoveries, and change in perspective that comes with learning. One can do these things on one's own of course, but there's something unique about the university experience.

It doesn't help that I'm not gaining any satisfaction from my current job. Although it's hard to admit, I must also add that being graduated carries a stigma of being old. Now I must act like an adult, not a student. And I'm just not ready to do that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home