Saturday, August 20, 2005

Diamonds in the rough

So yesterday at work, the UPS guy put some packages by the back door instead of in the basket where they belong. The diligent cleaning crew, thinking they were trash proceeded to throw them in the dumpster! We realized that boxes were missing when a special order that was supposed to arrive today apparently never showed up. After some sleuthing, it was discovered that they had in fact arrived and a hunt for them ensued. Luckily, there were some "good samaritan" mexicans working construction next door who happily plunged head first into the debris to find the boxes, and thus rescue nearly $7,500 worth of merchandise. Perhaps now I will not so hastily judge my friends' dumpster diving habits!

Last night I had some of the most fun I've had in a long time. After a brief hiatus from each other while he was in Rolla, Ed and I hung out. I love the excitement of seeing him after we've spent a few days apart. We jumped a rather tall fence topped with barbed wire to get to an awesome quarry for swimming. Much naked hillarity ensued (to coin a phrase). It was awesome swimming in the bright light of the full moon. It must be said that I have the hottest and most fun bf ever! It was almost unsettling in a way, though, as the water was very deep and the clouds crossing the moon made the atmosphere ethereal.

The night was topped off with scrumptious homemade chicken quasidillias (sic), my favorite torilla chips, and rum and coke. Combine that with Eddy G... Wow! Yes, life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home