Friday, September 30, 2005

Parking Nazis!

I guess it's my rebellious streak that makes me think rules, including "No Parking" signs, don't apply to me. This week the parking Nazis brought me sharply back to reality. Wednessday involved a boot on my car for parking in a frat. lot cuz all the other legal spaces were taken. $40!! Today I left Ed's apartment to find my car (or not find my car as the case may be) had been towed. FREAKING $100!!!!!! I usually leave early enough to avoid that, but today I stayed in bed until about 1p!! (which had its advantages and disadvantages) *wink* Thanks to some help from Ed's roomy, I got my car back without too much incident.

264 swings in the batting cage, a call from Ed, and a jeans sale at Dillards later, I'm in a much better mood!

But my Eddy G is leaving me for the weekend. So I plan on making this a heavy duty practice and cleaning weekend. Hooray for productivity!

I almost forgot, I also looked at the mall for some shirts/ties to go with my FREAKIN HELLA COOL vintage suit I picked up a bit ago at the vintage shop. While checking out Target ties, a large and well-dressed "more mature" black man advised that I NOT buy that jacket (as in the one I already owned)! He then proceeded to ask me what it was for. I replied just for kicks, and he said, "oh well, ok, but don't use it for anything serious!" Sheesh! And THEN, another guy came up and initiated a conversation mocking the one I just had: "Hey, don't buy that! What the hell man? I actually LIKE the jacket." He walked off and a bit later a Target employee asked if I needed any help. I SHOULD have replied, "No thanks, the patrons of this store have done enough." As it turns out, the straight guy helped me pick out a tie that matched well. Hooray for metros!

Goodbye September!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home