Sunday, January 07, 2007

Work of art

I've had the wonderful opportunity to spend some Q-time with Eddy the last few days. The only damper was when someone heisted his wallet at the bowling alley. They made off with 20 bucks cash, but the good news is Mark found the wallet abandoned in the parking lot. Who would upheave someone's life, even if just for a few days, for a mere twenty bucks? Sigh...

I've also been partaking of Star Trek Voyager. Before you go calling me a Trekie, please understand that I do not go to conventions, speak Klingon, or any such nonsense. However, the boon of life that is Voyager provides more than entertainment. It is a probe of humanity, philosophy, and morality in an entertaining format. And it makes me happy, so there!

I attempted my first foray into painting the other day. With Mark's assistance, I came up with something that doesn't totally suck, and I learned a lot. I think this one will end up in the bathroom, however!

The activity prompted the following conversation that I found amusing:

Mark: Now all it needs is something big and angry streaking through the middle of it.

Craig (while contemplating the painting): I think I'm a little more minimalist than that.

Mark: This is your first painting ever. You don't have a style!!

3 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 06:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad you'd be so much hotter if you spoke klingon.....

 
At 1/08/2007 08:12:00 AM, Blogger craiger said...

Luckily there is a Klingon/English translation website. I'll work on increasing my hotness quotient!

 
At 1/21/2007 09:15:00 PM, Blogger BVB. said...

I like your painting. It has energy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home