Monday, October 31, 2005

There are voices that want to be heard...

This weekend was somewhat a disappointing one. First, I couldn't sing in the competition I'd been looking forward to and preparing for due to poor vocal health. Second, things were a bit strained between Ed and me. He was stressed out by the competition and some other factors, and I wanted to have some fun "away" time with him. The weekend wasn't a total bust though. I got to see my mom, and soak up some sun while laying in the grass with Ed. "You can't always get what you want, but ya get what ya need!" (yay Stones)! I'm proud to announce that Ed placed in the top five in his category with honorable mention and took home some cash! In addition, last night Ed and I previewed our costumes at a party. We left after only a few minutes, cuz we didn't know many people there and felt a bit conspicuous, but tomorrow night is gonna rock!

I've come to the realization that Ed and I are at a point in our relationship where it's not all easy and the relatiosnhip actually takes work. I think it's here where many relationships crumble due to lack of strength, laziness from one party or the other, or a sheer unwillingness to put forth the effort from one or both parties because of lack of return on the investment. It's easy to love, but harder to commit. This weekend was a bit of a struggle for me, but it was another "growing" experience for us, I think. Good news is, it confirmed my commitment to the relationship. I do love my Eddy G.

On a side note, I do love the extra hour for sleeping provided by the time change. I loathe how dark it is at 5:30 now, however. Winter with it's impending cold air, snow, cloudy skies, and sadness is fast upon us. Le sigh... I'm trying to think of the positive things: cuddling, hot drinks, sweaters, and leather coats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home