Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mile high club

I joined the mile high club this weekend as I flew from CoMo to D.C. No, I didn't have sex on a plane, but joined the thousands who have puked their guts out in the sky. Lovely, I know!

As might be legitimately surmised from my drunken posts that precede this anecdote, I thought I was hung over Friday morning, but as I continued to regurgitate FIVE times that day, I now blame food poisening or some other 24 hour flu. Luckily I barely survived, and got well enough to eat dinner with the fam late that night.

D.C. weather was PERFECT, and I enjoyed seeing my family including my 78 yr old grandma who is quite lucid and HILLARIOUS for her age. I'm proud of my sister for graduating from George Washington's PA school.

I also got to see two of my BEST friends from undergrad: Oliver the crazy roommate, and Nicole, the only woman I can say I've had romantic feelings for.

It's good to be back with my baby, from whom I'd had WAY too long a hiatus. However, going back to work has been somewhat difficult. Keri thinks that I sabotaged her in my mid-year review to get back at her for letting Callie go by telling about how she slaps Jesse and me on the ass. Riiiight.... Well, however the powers that be DID find out about it, the result was an 1.5 hour meeting tonight given by a human resources consultant (seriously WTF?) who assured us in a monotone voice that rivaled Ben Stein that while he had a great sense of humor, certain jokes just aren't for the work place. I took copious notes, naturally, and what follow are a few of the highlights:

Is a joke about strangling Janet considered off-color?

My head might explode any minute now!!

I REALLY want to raise my hand and ask, "But what if I WANT to be sexually harrassed?"

I'd rather eat my own vomit than continue to listen to this!

SHUT UP JANET!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home