Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cuts both ways

Recently I joined Ed and our friend Lane for an adult beverage at our favorite establishment. All three of us were carded. As the boys brought their ID's out, I reached for mine with glee. Thirty is looming ever nearer, so I relish moments like this. Mine was the last one inspected by the waiter. As he peered at my license, a smirk formed that soon erupted into a guffaw. "Old man of the group, eh?" he quipped. My elation at being carded quickly subsided, and I quickly attended the task of saving face. "That means he THOUGHT I was MUCH younger," I shot at Lane and Ed while providing a look that said wipe those grins off your face!

I suppose one is only as old as one feels... or looks... or according to Patrick, one is only as old as one dates. That means I am sixtee... I mean 21, and Ed is 25. Shut up bitches!!

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2007 03:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only person who notices your age is you honey. so don't. besides you're like totally hot. :)

 
At 1/17/2007 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Alexis du Bois said...

His head should have been put on a pike.

 
At 1/23/2007 08:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha oh Craigers... you crack me up... so yeah... I have been thinking about this hanging out thing.. we need to do it sometime SOON!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home