Friday, October 26, 2007

Blogging from my new 37-inch monitor

Ed has a Netflix account where he can watch movies online. Not content to watch a movie on my normal monitor, he convinced me to bring my 37-inch flatscreen TV upstairs for our cinematographic experience! Now, I bring you this blog post in HUGE HD!

There have been a rash of crazy/interesting experiences at work lately. Not too long ago, a car crash on I-70 resulted in a fire that burned the victim so badly it took days to identify her from dental records. Shortly thereafter, a woman came into my store admittedly with a "grim proposal" to clean her mother's jewelry. She had been involved in a car wreck where there was a fire. I took the charred jewelry and knew that the crusted ash on it most likely was CREMATED GRANDMA! Ugh!

Our store participated in a downtown fashion show at which we gave out coupons in the gift bags every attendee received. This coupon had dollar amounts off of certain price pointed items followed by a version of the store's slogan, "come get your own little blue box!" (Normally, "every woman deserves the little blue box.") I had one lady come in and say "I'm here for my little blue box!" Thinking on my feet I responded "Great! What do you want in it?" "That's funny," she laughed. "No, I'm just here for the free box." Ummmmm, are you serious, I thought. I then had to EXPLAIN to here that it was a coupon to BUY something. She looked at some inexpensive charms ($15-$18), and then told me she needed to wait to buy something until she had a job. Wow...

You never know what you're going to get when you work with the public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home