Sunday, April 09, 2006

Positive attitude

Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in all the negativity in the world. There's always some fat to lose, some money to wish for, some rain to get you down, etc. Today has been an absolutely stellar day though! After a week of trying to get many things done and succeeding at only a few, it's been nice to have a relaxing yet productive day.

Last night I had some great fun with Laura and Anson, one of the cutest couples I know. They introduced Eddy and me to yet another cute couple, Becca and Brad. Becca thought I was 21, is a Cubs fan, and drinks Coke Zero. We're soulmates!

Today I had rehearsal for a chamber piece I'm singing on David McDonald's composition recital. It was really fun to be working with musicians again. I then went to the U. Singers concert. I have to say I enjoyed it, but I didn't miss singing in the group like I thought I might. I made a point to say hi to Dr. Crabb who was politely friendly. I keep thinking he might actually ask about me (how/what I'm doing etc.) but he never does.

I had the LOVLIEST nap/poetry reading session on the 'dock' by the lake this afternoon. Today was one of the most perfect days one could hope for: right around 70 degrees, just a few wisps of clouds decorating the blue sky, and the sights and sounds of spring everywhere.

The night cap consisted of attending Patrick's recital, which was not as well-attended as usual for some reason.

One of the best things about this past week: the Cubs SWEPT the evil Cardinals!! Ah yes, baseball has started and life is grand once more.

Ok, this post has been kinda haphazard and circuitous, but HERE'S THE MAIN POINT: While browsing through The Most Brilliant Thought of All Time In Two LInes of Less, I re-read one of my favorite quotes. It's going to be my new mantra. I'll leave you with it here:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."

Herm Albright, 1876-1944

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home