Sunday, March 05, 2006

Everything

The rant: The Oscars is such farcical excuse for an achievement show! A bunch of Hollywood nitwit back slapping combined with thinly veiled polemics. It's hard to take an organization seriously when "It's hard out here for a pimp" takes the award for best song.

Having said that, there was some decent material awarded tonight, and there were some good performances. So here's my toast to the movie industry: Although I have some major issues with Brokeback Mountain, especially the adultery theme, I have found the following video that brings out some of the beauty in the movie.

The creator of this video has a few others that are worthy of your time. View them here. The one set to "Please remember me" is especially poignant.

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 09:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...."It's Hard Out There for a Pimp"...I about choked on my own vomit at that one. I was quite pleased with Crash taking the best picture award. Brokeback Mountain was good, but I have to say that Crash was just the better movie of the two. ~Jason

 
At 3/07/2006 09:05:00 AM, Blogger craiger said...

Hi Jase! I was chatting with my friend Michael and told him that if that song won, my head would explode. KAPOW!! Sheesh! I haven't seen Crash. Ed didn't like it much, but maybe I'll see it and form my own opinion. Thanks for commenting! =)

 
At 3/11/2006 01:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....maybe we'll have to watch it while you're out here visiting us in Utah....
~Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home