Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Opposites attract

I take two steps forward, you take two steps back. We come together cuz opposites attract.

This Paula Abdul moment has been brought to you by...

1) Asians speaking Asian while eating Americanized Mexican at Chipotle. Yes, it was a flurry of nationalities. Very dichotomous.

2) Snow falling from the sky on a sunny warm day. WTF??

3) A very late-nite, somewhat intoxicated philosophical conversation with Ed that yielded a realization that we have some very different outlooks in some areas of life. I wouldn't say we're opposites, but I think it's to be expected at this stage of a relationship to find out that the level of "sameness" shared might not be what it seemed initially. I think this is both a scary thing and an exhilarating challenge. Relationships are hard work, otherwise everyone would have one and they'd be dull and boring.

Recent highlights in my life:

1) An email from a friend of mine at BYU, now living in Brazil. She's crazy!

2) Ed bringing me coffee and my phone that I'd left at home to my work on a dreary Saturday. Coffee never tasted so good!

3) Making "Gay Tuesday" Valentine cookies for my co-workers Monday night. For those of you just joining the blog, Gay Tuesday was started when my (questionably) straight jeweler friend stated he was gay only on Tuesdays. It's grown to have it's own theme song! Naturally since V-day fell on Tuesday, the gays HAD to make (from scratch) sugar cookies decorated with interlocked male symbols, rainbow sprinkles, etc. They were a HUGE hit!

4) Spending V-day with the most beautiful boy in the world. Ed made me an exquisite candlelight dinner he termed "simple." Everything was made from scratch, and the menu included steaks (the best cut)with mushroom sauce, sage potatoes, and an Indian (dot not feathers) cucumber/tomato salad. My baby loves me!! Unfortunately, someone stole Ed's gift while it was in transit from Amazon.com. The stoopid criminal got a DVD of Gerard Souzay, Ed's favorite baritone. Someone apparently has an insatiable love for French opera and chansons. Or they just belong on an episode of Reno 911. So, he got a picture of the DVD with an explanatory note. Amazon sent another one overnight that just arrived today.

Random musings:

Valentine's Day brings out the puppy dog side of other-wise non-romantic guys. It was so cute to see them in the jewelry store, utterly lost and miserable. The fact that they even came in seemed like a romantic gesture to me. It's also an opportunity for caring. James, a married man, and Mills, a self-centered spoiled brat, both did something nice for Keri, our VERY single office manager. I don't think being single on V-day is the end of the world. But it is nice to take a moment and reflect on how lucky I am to have the greatest guy I've ever dated in my life.

Upcoming events:

I'm going to Utah for the weekend for my cousin's wedding. It'll be a very quick trip, but I'm excited to go back there, see my family, and get out of the store for a while! Even better will be my vacation there with Ed next month!

The End

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 05:23:00 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Craiger-

I warned you that I am weird, so you bettah *respect*. You can thank you me later for the great and fitting idea of homosexual V-Day cookies! Loves, babe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home