Thursday, December 22, 2005

Guns n Roses

I hate Walmart, to put it mildly. Shopping there at Christmas time had the potential to kill me, or me pulling out a gun and killing others. Since the Target here sucks, I was forced to do some last-minute shopping there tonight. There were plenty of OBESE people that seem to always be there, and I don't mean the good ol' American fat people. I mean waddling down the aisles so slowly that I can feel myself aging as I try to get around them.

To compound matters, the Super Walmart always has a bunch of baked goods and donuts RIGHT as you walk in. Does this attract the morbidly obese people? Or is Walmart partially to blame for America's weight problem? All I know is I came home one pumkin pie richer and $7 poorer.

Luckily I found most of what I needed rather quickly and was on my way. As I was leaving the cashier, the guy behind me started to explain to the woman checker that he needed to buy some roses but was about 25 cents short in cash. He said he did have 70 cents left on his debit card and wanted to cover the remainder with it. He then lamented the fact that his anniversary fell just two days before Christmas. Obviously the guy had less than no money, but went out of his way to come home with something for his wife. All of a sudden, those 10-dollar Walmart roses looked to me to be the most beautiful flowers I'd ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home