Friday, November 25, 2005

Northward flames Orion's horn. . .

Thanksgiving at home was very brief but very enjoyable. I ate WAY too many rolls, cinnamon rolls, pie, etc. Raucus games of Cranium ensued. Unfortunately I had about 24 hours at home due to the fact that I had to be back at work at 9am today. I had to drive home until about 3am this morning. I was a little worried about staying awake for the ride back and a little sad that I had to leave home so soon. But I got texts from three of my best friends in Utah, and my good friend TJ had left a voicemail message, so I got to talk to him for a bit to pass the time. Early in my trip, I looked up and noticed how bright the stars were. Directly to my left was my favorite constellation Orion, the hunter. I'm not a religious guy, but I kinda had a spiritual moment. A feeling of peace came over me as I saw the familiar hunter of the winter sky almost watching over me, guiding me home. I realized how lucky I am to have a family that loves and protects me, wonderful friends to love and support me, and a loving boyfriend who brightens my life and comforts my heart. Naturally, these are the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Awww Babe!

 
At 11/28/2005 04:51:00 PM, Blogger craiger said...

Hey thanks Guy! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Right back atcha Eddy! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home