Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A matter of instinct

"It merely obeyed the mysterious prompting that arose from the deep crypts of its being."

I had some time this weekend to do some reading, including Jack London's incredible description of instinct above. I went to Utah with my parents for my cousin's wedding. It was a whirl-wind trip; I didn't even have a chance to see any old friends, but that's what the upcoming vacation will be for. It was good to see the family, especially my cousin brian (the groom). We were good friends and roommates in school for a while.

Yesterday, Jamie and Scott came in to work to give me a present!! I met Jamie randomly at Shattered when she insisted I dance with her and her bachelorette partying friend. She rocks! Turns out she does hair, and is now my stylist. I met her boyfriend Scott some weeks later, and it turns out I had met him when I sold him a watch! They are uber-cute together, and Ed and I both like them. Scott recently picked out THE ring with my assistance and proposed on V-day! They got me some way stylin' rocks glasses and a bottle of bourbon! The card was also very touching! Yay for cute straight people!

Last night I had a weird mood swing into some funky depression. I played sad songs on the guitar and busted out the new whiskey. Then my Ed came over and made everything all better. The kid constantly amazes me. I'm so lucky and glad he's in my life.

1 Comments:

At 2/22/2006 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Oh baby! Single tear. You are the sweetest boyfriend I have. I mean...the *ONLY* boyfriend I have. [background noise: "quick, get under the futon."]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home