Sunday, June 04, 2006

Chillin' out

So, I seem to have taken to venting my problems/feelings a little to the extreme here lately. I am a freakin' Pisces people--cut me some slack!!

I did not drink myself into oblvion as stated the other night. I decided to be a bit more reasonable and headed out to the club to be surrounded by people. I'm usually not a fan of the club here, but going once every three months or so is great because I get some celebrity status and the attention of a fresh face.

After a pretty heavy chat between Ed and myself on Friday, we took the Scrabble board and a frisbee to Stankowski field. Ed brought popsicles that were not frozen enough for his liking, so we raided the lab he works at for liquid nitrogen. They were SO frozen that both of us lost a little surface area from our tongue! Some high school boys saw the cooler and thought they might have a shot at some alcohol. Ed offered them a popsicle without any disclaimer, so I felt the need to warn them myself. Typical of high school boys, they didn't take heed and proceeded to exclaim how exceedingly frozen they were. Sheesh.

BIG NEWS: So, I've decided to move into a new apartment. It's a rather large three-bedroom in the nicer south end of town. I can have a dog there if I want!! Due to the cost, I needed to have a roommate. At Ed's suggestion, I asked Michael, everyone's favorite pocket, and he consented. I'm excited and yet nervous at the same time. I have a very dichotomous reaction to change. I welcome it and yet I am scared by it.

Also, I had an interview with WS Express, an ad agency here in town. I learned from it, and seemed to get a relatively positive response from my interviewer. I've been asked to write a television commerical and a radio spot for two businesses in town of my choice as an audition of sorts. I'm confident of my writing and creative abilities, but I'm scared of making an ass of myself by not knowing any technical terms or correct formatting, etc. Oh well, learning usually isn't safe and pain-free.

Finally, I enjoyed a nice evening with my madre last night as she passed through on her way to Kansas. We ate dinner together, shared a nice walk through campus (the evening was GORGEOUS), and I spanked her in Boggle. Good times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home