Friday, January 25, 2008

Guilty Until Proven Innocent... or Just Guilty.

A few nights ago it was my pleasure to pick up Ed at the airport upon his long anticipated return from Puerto Rico. I arrived early, so I looped around the airport roads for nearly 45 minutes as I waited for him to get his bags. We had some difficultly locating each other, so I told him to meet me at a specific exit where I had seen a sign that allowed for 5 minute parking for passenger pick-up. I pulled to the curb at said location when a man with a flashlight motioned for me to move on. I shook my head no and held up a finger to signal "wait a second." He motioned with the light more emphatically, and I again gestured in the same manner. The next thing I know, he shines the light in my face, blows on a whistle, and is pounding on my window. As I rolls the window down, he YELLS at me to produce my drivers license. I tried to explain to him that my party was meeting me here imminently, or at least to ask him where the hell I could meet him (because I was NOT looping around one more time)! However, he wouldn't even let me get a word in edgewise as he screamed that I was getting a parking ticket!! Ed arrived shortly after this initial exchange to find an outraged Craig swearing at the rent-a-cop and calling him an "asshole" among other things. I was incensed because I am rarely presented with such unreasonableness! It was only during our heated exchange that he informed me of places where I COULD park and wait for Ed. That might have been information initially offered rather than his clearly inappropriate actions. Furthermore, how can one get a ticket in a 5-minute parking zone when one has been there for less than thirty seconds?

At any rate, speaking of Puerto Rico reminds me to post some pics:


1 Comments:

At 1/31/2008 09:54:00 AM, Blogger spaceyhawks said...

oh I would be pissed as hell too!What a jerk. Anyway, love the pictures cutie!!! I miss you bunches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home