Sunday, June 25, 2006

Potpourri

Wow, hard to believe how long it has been since I last posted. Life has been just clickin' right along.

My project to have a booth at Columbia's Gay Pride festival went well. As you all know, I'm not the rainbow flag wavin' parade marchin' kinda gay, but we succeeded in creating a buzz at the festival and having some homos come into the store. The thing is, the gay population in general is exrememly loyal to businesses where they feel comfortable. I now have two new projects at work that are keeping me amused: revamping the store's website and starting a bridal fashion jewelry leasing program.

Eddy's 21st bday has come and gone. Now I'm finally dating a legal boy again after many years. Sheesh! We had tons of fun at Addison's followed by Trops followed by Shatterday night!

Michael will move in with me this coming week. I think he's gonna be a great roommate, but it will be weird having been by myself the last three years. We'll tolerate being cramped in the current apartment until we move into our new place in August. I'm excited for that! I've already purchased a new couch and loveseat.

Today as I was attemting to clean out the spare room here, I found some scribbles between Lianne and me as well as some funny quotes from friends that I'd written down. (See below.) It made me miss them very much. To some extent I miss that time in my life. I don't miss being Dr. Crabb's bitch. I don't miss the bittersweet conducting experiences, but I do miss the learning and gleaning knowledge and experience. I've been trying to do that more on my own, and I think I've had some moderate success. I've been studying web-based marketing, and on the artistic side, I've been reading Chekov as well as studying a little bit about Brittish composer Arnold Bax.

Lianne: The Utrecht Te Deum is too long!

Me: Damn Baroque sons of bitches!! Had nothing better to do than listen to four hours worth of sequences and melismas!

Andy: Can I ask you a personal question?

Me: Sure!

Andy: At what point does a man completely cross the line of sanity when it comes to grooming his pubic hair?


I've also been completely puppy crazy. I FREAKIN' NEED ONE!!! I went to see one at a sort of puppy mill. It was cute, but I didn't feel comfortable buying from such a place. The dogs didn't look malnourished or mistreated, but I'd rather buy from an individual that just decided to let their dog mate. I want a black miniature schnauzer that looks just like this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home