Sunday, July 16, 2006

Reality

I usually don't watch tons of TV. I try to limit my viewing to news, sports, and the occasional FOX Sunday cartoon. However, I have accidentally become addicted to So You Think You Can Dance! Yes, a reality show! I even work my schedule around this show! Sheesh! Although it does have cheesy reality show quirks, the premise is quite good. The dancers are paired randomly, and they have to dance a style drawn from a hat. Therefore they have work at dancing outside their specialty and with a partner. "America" gets to decide which couples they like the best, but it's the EXPERT judges that decide who goes home every week. Mainly, it's just freakin' amazing dancing. The way these people can control their bodies is breathtaking at times. I'm very impressed with the artistry. The following performance from last week was particularly moving to me. I actually got chills watching it. I think dance can be so powerful because it marries visual art with music.



I read the following quote today and would like to testify of its validity: "Life would be just be a sharp, nasty knife and fork without someone to spoon with." Thanks Eddy for being a good spoonee and spooner!

1 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 09:40:00 PM, Blogger Ed Grow said...

Craiger-

NO, thank you! Craig: "Put your butt in my crotch. I'm big spooning you now." Out of control. Loves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home