Sunday, August 27, 2006

Loving life

I'm sitting here at work on a Sunday trying to have a good attitude. It does help that "the powers that be" have instituted a bonus for working on Sunday. It also helps to think of some things that I enjoyed over the weekend.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting my dad in St. Louis for a ballgame. The wrong team won, but I love the aura of excitement that envelops the ballpark. It was great to see my dad, and afterward, we discussed life, politics, education, and such over a cold lemonade. During this conversation, he mentioned my mom should get an assitant for her emerging photography business. Included in this assitant's duties would be "fighting off hordes of idiots with disposable cameras." How wonderfully descriptive and perfectly erudite! I enjoyed it.

While in the STL, I met Patrick for dinner and decided to swing by the Nordstrom there to purchase some cologne I've been coveting (Versace Eau Fraiche). The woman who helped us was CRAZY!! She spoke in a thick foreign accent: "I want you to picture you're walking in a park... It's autumn and the leaves are on the ground... Smell this!!!" And then she shoved the sprayed card under my nose. Pat commented that he "actually liked it" (miraculous in that he doesn't really care for cologne or ever really have an opinion on it). She asked for permission to spray him with it. After his consent had been given, she proceeded to DOUSE him with it. She sprayed once, twice, three times, and then MORE! I had to hold back my laughter! She was SO out of control! Patrick confided to me later that he debated running away after the third or fourth spray. Hilarious!

Last night was spent in a comfortably tipsy state with Ed at Mark's house discussing singing and religion with the aforementioned and Derrick Fox. This morning my magnificent boyfriend made me strawberry crepes, a scone-like bread, and juice with sangria for breakfast while I read the paper. How awesome is he?? He's my baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home