Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name...

If you have no fear of getting a bit tangled in the mass of neuroses that is me, then read on:

Today I went on campus to do an errand and visit with the Goddess of Beauty herself, Whitney Reed. While I was there, I was struck again by some very strange and contradictory emotions. I couldn't help but feel that i DIDN'T BELONG there. And yet, for the last two years, I certainly did belong there. I saw familiar faces, some friendly, some nonchalant. It was great to be there and yet a wistful experience as well. Walking by the my office that wasn't mine was unsettling and made me miss Lianne. I was at home, yet out of place. I wanted to be back in school and yet I was glad that I wasn't. SO CONFUSING! I think it would help me move on if i just knew what I WANTED out of a career. Admittedly, I also just don't wanna grow up.

It was another manifestation that the more things change, the more things stay the same. Guys who "used to be straight" were milling about. New choral TA's were conducting "my" choirs. My protege, Timmy W., declared triumphantly that he had taken up my pestering of Patrick B.

At any rate, it was great to see old friends and cohorts again. I'm only sad cuz I LONG to play frisbee, and everyone is either working or in school. That's what sucks about having a day off in the middle of the week. C'est la vie. I will content myself with a glass of peach iced tea the size of my head and some sun out on the dock.

PS, goodbye August. Here comes the Fall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home